A couple of months ago I was asked to write an article for Conduit mobile. The aticle was published yesterday and I would like to share it with you. If you like it it would mean alot if you can share it! Btw if you would like to write an article on createownapps just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
“There’s something infectious happening in the tech world, and more people are catching it every day. It can bring you money and success―and if you don’t know about it already, you’d better learn fast or find yourself biting the digital dust.
I’m talking about the global trend called the app revolution, and make no mistake, it’s here to stay. If you don’t believe me, let the numbers speak for themselves: Apple has approved more than one million apps for the App Store; Android users have downloaded more than 25 billion apps from Google Play; and the technology research group Gartner projects that more than 300 billion apps will be downloaded annually by 2016.
As the publisher of a website dedicated to providing visitors with information and updates about creating their very own mobile apps, my goal is to give you the tools you need to navigate the mobile space. Ironically, though, until very recently, I didn’t even have an app of my own!
When I finally got around to building an app for my website, I found that Conduit Mobile was the best and easiest platform for me. I also learned a lot on my journey, which I’d like to share with you. So if you’re thinking about going mobile, I put together this list of questions that you should ask about the mobile platform you choose:
- Is the platform easy to use? This may seem obvious, but finding an easy-to-use platform is incredibly important. Conduit Mobile grabbed my content directly from my website (in my case, WordPress), and my app was automatically created, voila! Since English is not my first language, I first chose to translate my blog into English. This made the next steps of adding my Facebook and Twitter feeds as simple as can be. With a few additions and tweaks, I was done.
- Can you preview your app? This is a must for any would-be app developer, and I found Conduit Mobile’s Preview screen to be very helpful. It allowed me to see how my app will look on various mobile devices. Also, the screen was constantly updated with the content I added, so I could easily play with my app’s look and feel.
- Does the platform match your business needs? When I finished creating my app, I reflected on my vision for it, its purpose, and what it meant for my business/brand. Sure, it was nice to know I’d have a few extra dollars in my pocket from the expanded reach it provides. But mostly, I was proud of how the app enables me to further spread knowledge on a subject I am passionate about. Conduit Mobile allows any publisher―whether a blogger, musician, restaurateur, or small business―to share what they love.
Just in case you’re still trying to focus your thoughts on what kind of app to create, here are a few helpful questions to ask yourself: What market/industry is my business in?
- Who is my target audience?
- How will I market my app?
- What features does my app need to be successful?
- How many downloads do I hope to have?
- Do I want to monetize my app?
The answers to these questions came easily to me, and the choice of platform did too. My quest led me to Conduit Mobile, where simplicity and speed seem to be the motto. The results have been great, but don’t take my word for it! Try it yourself. ”[signoff1]