Buzztouch is web-based software that helps you manage iPhone, iPad and Android apps without any previous experience. It does this by organizing complex ideas into easy to understand pieces they call plugins. The Buzztouch control panel helps you configure lots of different types of plugins to create screens, menues and features necessary to create a high [...]
Buzztouch is web-based software that helps you manage iPhone, iPad and Android apps without any previous experience. It does this by organizing complex ideas into easy to understand pieces they call plugins. The Buzztouch control panel helps you configure lots of different types of plugins to create screens, menues and features necessary to create a high quality professional app.
When you are done assembeling your app the control panel prepares a downloadable package for you. You use the iOs or Android software developer kit to prepare these apps for the appstore or Android market. Once your app is in the market you continue to use the web based control panel to make changes, updates and improvements to your app. Additional plugins can be created or customized to further extend the functionality of the control panel and your apps. The buzztouch plugin arcitecture allows for an unlimited amount of flexibility and and creativity and helps and inspiring developer see their ideas come to life.
All kinds of people visit Buzztouch site and their our tools and resources. Web-developers that create native mobile apps for their clients, businesses that create apps suitable for business use, aspiring programmers that are interested in seeing how the code “works”, and thousands of other folks interested in managing content in an iOS or Android powered device.
The CMS is used in conjunction with the iOS and Android software developer kits (SDK’s). Simply put, buzztouch is Content Management Software (CMS) for iOS and Android. It is supported by a very active and friendly community of developers and users. If you’re just getting started creating mobile software, you’ve found the right place. If you’re a seasoned developer or designer, buzztouch can increase your efficiency in ways no other solution can.
There are “canned” screen types for inexperienced users, around 35 of them. Experienced users extend screens by creating additional plugins. Third party sites (such as buzztouchmods.com) provide / sell / trade additional screen types (plugins). Source code is provided to app owners with each package download. App owners can self host their app on their own websites using the buzztouch Self Hosted package.
In some cases
iOS / Android
Four account types.
FREE: Up to 3 apps in buzztouch control panel
Aspiring Developer: 10 apps in control panel
Developer: 50 apps in control panel
Self Hosted: Unlimited apps in self hosted control panel
Simplicity level (1-10):
Some functions very very simple, others very very complex.
Can help publish:
We do not publish apps, app owners do.
Reference cases/apps built by your “build your own apps” platform:
Thousands. Start by reviewing the list on the buzztouch.com
Possibility of profit for user? How?:
Lots of ways. Because app’s created on the site are owned by the user, they can do anything they want with it. Ads, sell it, develop for others, etc. They can also develop plugins for others. Since each application is a collection of plugins members of the buzztouch community can create plugins (Plugin Developers), they set plugin prices and they earn money.
Marketing help? How?:
125,000 + user community, many folks download other user’s apps.
Specific spaciality? Games, Quiz, companies, etc?:
No specialty. Content apps are most common.
Can make custom made apps?:
Other notes? Worth mentioning?: (free words from Buzztouch)
Top 5 things that make buzztouch cool.
1) Community: Because buzztouch focusses on helping aspiring developers understand the difference between “buying an app” and “creating an app” the community has become incredibly diverse, helpful, involved, and supportive. This community has helped more than 125,000 folks get started making apps. Super fans wiling to help: http://www.buzztouch.com/forum/top.php
2) Flexibility: Our unique solution is specifically designed to embrace the idea of “independence from a service provider” or backend. This becomes more important as an aspiring developer gains a deeper understanding of how the industry works. Owning an app that is dependent on the buzztouch.com backend MAY be a good solution, it may not. Hosting your apps data, control panel, and assets on your own site (or a service like DropBox) is very very flexible and allows app owners total control independent of us. Think “who owns the app?”
3) Simplicity vs. Complexity: Creating a tool that allows the newest people and seasoned veterans succeed is very important. Veterans help new folks, new folks help veterans. An example of how we’re helping experienced developers get involved (and how willing the community is to help). http://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=461518653A6DC3F4C6194BC
4) Ecosystem: Third party sites, podcasts, blogs, and other “buzztouch hosting” sites are springing up. These sites tend to help the audience understand the significance of what we are doing, it’s legitimacy, and it’s longevity. Maybe have a listen to a BuzzCast episode (not made by us) or a look at one of the third party sites like. Third party site: https://www.buzztouchmods.com/ Podcast: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/buzzcast/id537332737
5) How it started: People enjoy seeing a “regular Joe” succeed, we are kicking butt’ and it’s largely because of the audiences ability to identify with us and how we started. This old video about how it started may help shed some light on this idea? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0W_BTFXh2M So, the combination of community, flexibility, simplicity (while also being complex), ecosystem, and roots are the biggest reasons buzztouch is cool. The fact that it’s free to use doesn’t hurt either! There are some account limitations (how many apps you can make) but it’s not a free trial offer or an advertising gimmick. We are genuinely happy to help folks get an app going without asking for money. The entire community benefits as the gang grows.