Infinite Monkeys Review
Do you want to build an app with a platform built by a tribe of Dusky Leaf monkeys in Borneo? Then your in the right place. Infinite Monkeys are definately the only mobile app platform that can claim that. With Infinite Monkeys you can create your own mobile app to connect with your fans & […]
Do you want to build an app with a platform built by a tribe of Dusky Leaf monkeys in Borneo? Then your in the right place. Infinite Monkeys are definately the only mobile app platform that can claim that.
With Infinite Monkeys you can create your own mobile app to connect with your fans & friends. Promote your business, your restaurant or your music band. Maybe you just want a private space to share with your BFF’s. It’s all up to you. You decide what you want in your app: Photo sharing, Videos, Twitter feeds, Community Walls, Live Chat rooms, etc.
You can build your own app in about 20 minutes, and have it published to the world for free. Pretty cool, right?
About Infinite Monkeys:
Originally from Singapore. The company has offices today both in Singapore and USA. Infinite Monkeys was founded in 2011 and has 40+ employees as per today.
Infinite Monkeys have over 40 different functions that can be included. These go well beyond just the standard RSS feeds of many of the other platforms in the market. Our apps include functions like:
Embedded Music Player, Embedded Bookshelf, Shared Calendars, Photo Galleries, Live Chat rooms / Town halls, Community Wall, Integrated Forms / Surveys, Embedded PDF documents, Integrated Open Table restaurant reservations, Reference Books (such as the Bible, Quran & Torah), Live Video Streaming in-app from uStream.tv, FanMappr (shows where all the users of an app are in real-time), All of their apps include live usage statistics as well, and can be set to “private” giving password protects access only to your app for closed communities such as workplace teams.
Drag and drop (Y/N):
iPhone Native, Android Native & HTML5 mobile web
Simplicity level, 1-10 (1 = easy):
Infinite Monkeys says they may be biased, but they’d give it a 2 or 3.
Yes, they not only have a free trial, but have a 100% free version of their tool. Anyone can build as many apps as they want, using Infinite Monkeys tool for free with:
- Full access to all of our many functions. (Not just RSS feeds like several of our competitors)
- Instant, one-click publishing of a native Android version in our Monkey Market
- HTML5 mobile website version of their app on a vanity URL -
- Unlimited downloads / users – Real time usage statistics dashboard
…the only “catch” is that the apps have ads in them and are published on a for-free basis in the market.
- HTML5 mobile web app.
- Market: HTML5.
- Full function Native App published in one external market. Inc ads. Must be offered free.
- Market: One, additional $5/mo.
- Published in all supported markets. No ads. Apps published under your name.
- Market: iTunes, Google Play, GetJar, Slideme, Handster, Amazon, etc .
- ALL of their plans include access to ALL of their functions
- They don’t charge for changes
- ALL of their plans are one-time fees only, not ongoing subscriptions
Infinite Monkeys offer three plans as seen above:
– Completely free. Includes Native Android app in their Monkey market + HTML5 on your own custom vanity URL. Full access to all functions. Apps contain advertising.
- Same as above, but with distribution to premium markets such as Apple iTunes, Google Play, Getjar, Slideme, etc. Infinite Monkeys do all the publishing for you. $49 for the first market, $5 for each additional market. – one-time fee only. Apps contain advertising.
- Apps can be ad-free, or can run the publisher’s own ads if they want. Publisher keeps 100% of any revenue earned from advertising or app sales.
- Distribution to ALL of our premium app markets included
- One-time fee of $499
1) Registered non-profit organizations receive FREE ACESS to their $499 Monkey Business package always. 2) 10% of all Infinite Monkeys profits are donated to the non-profit “Orangutan Outreach” in support of their orangutan conservation efforts in Borneo.
Can help Publish:
Infinite Monkeys publish ALL of the apps built on their platform to the markets. The publishers do not need to get their hands dirty downloading any SDK’s or messing with compiling any source code. They also DO NOT need to pay the $99 developer fees to Apple / Google, unless they wish for the app to be published under their name and not as a “monkey app”.
Possibility of earning money:
Their publishers keep 100% of all revenue earned from Advertising or App Sales with our “Monkey Business” plan.
Help with marketing:
They provide a marketing center with links and tips, upon checkout.
Specific speciality? Games, Quiz, companies, etc?:
Small Businesses, Restaurants, Real Estate Agents, Churches, Music Bands, Schools, etc.
Here are some beautiful apps recently built:
HamiltonInn – A local restaurant / tavern.
http://theapp.mobi/ovexpo – An adventure travel conference
http://studentsapp.mobi/politicsomaghcbs – An in-class teaching resource
Raoul And the Big Time – A Blues Music Band
Other notes? Worth mentioning?:
Their platform was built by a tribe of Dusky Leaf monkeys in Borneo. The entire story is in the video here: The story
Why use your platform?:
Tip for future developers?:
Go to www.monk.ee and build your own app!